1 (accounting) an intangible asset valued according to the advantage or reputation a business has acquired (over and above its tangible assets) [syn: good will]
2 the friendly hope that something will succeed [syn: good will]
3 a disposition to kindness and compassion; benign good will; "the victor's grace in treating the vanquished" [syn: grace, good will]
- A favorably disposed attitude toward someone or something.
- The value of a business entity not directly attributable to its tangible assets and liabilities. This value derives from factors such as consumer loyalty to the brand.
- A concept used to refer to the ability of an individual or business to exert influence within a community, club, market or another type of group, without having to resort to the use of an asset (such as money or property), either directly or by the creation of a lien.
A favorably disposed attitude toward someone or something
- Finnish: hyväntahtoisuus
- Greek: καλή θέληση
The value of a business entity not directly attributable to its tangible assets and liabilities
- Greek: αέρας
A concept used to refer to the ability of an individual or business to exert influence
Goodwill may refer to:
- Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu, the reigning Zulu King since 1971
- Goodwill (accounting), the value of a business entity not directly attributable to its assets and liabilities
- Goodwill Industries, a non-profit organization providing job training and employment services to people with disabilities
- Good Will (philosophy), is a term referring to making correct decisions in reference to other people
- Social capital, the goodwill of social groups, in sociology and public health
- Goodwill Games, a former international sports competition (1986–2000)
- Good Will Hunting, a 1997 Academy Award winning movie starring Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
- Click-to-donate sites, such as The Hunger Site, have been referred to as "Internet Goodwill"
- Good faith, the mental and moral state of honesty
goodwill in Indonesian: Goodwill
goodwill in Japanese: グッドウィル
BOMFOG, Benthamism, Christian charity, Christian love, abetment, acquiescence, advocacy, aegis, agreeableness, alacrity, altruism, amenability, amity, an in, ardor, auspices, backing, beneficence, benevolence, benevolent disposition, benevolentness, bigheartedness, brotherly love, care, caritas, championship, charitableness, charity, cheerful consent, comity, compliance, consent, cooperativeness, countenance, custom, dispatch, do-goodism, docility, eagerness, encouragement, enthusiasm, expedition, favor, favorable disposition, favorable regard, favorableness, fellow feeling, flower power, forwardness, fosterage, friendliness, friendly relations, friendship, gameness, generosity, giving, good graces, good name, good terms, good understanding, grace, greatheartedness, guidance, harmony, helpfulness, humanitarianism, interest, kindliness, kindness, largeheartedness, love, love of mankind, mutual regard, patronage, philanthropism, philanthropy, pliability, pliancy, promptitude, promptness, rapport, readiness, receptive mood, receptiveness, receptivity, regard, repute, respect, responsiveness, right mood, seconding, sponsorship, sympathy, tolerance, tractability, trade, tutelage, ungrudgingness, unloathness, unreluctance, utilitarianism, welfarism, well-disposedness, willing ear, willing heart, willingness, zeal, zealousness